Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 2004 19:38:07 +0000

My research and advice received indicates sugar and carbohydrates are the major diet problem, not saturated fats.  Further, the current research indicates that certain fats are needed for optimal health.  You may find this article of interest.  http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/full/80/3/550#SEC6

As a side note, I stopped eating grains and drastically cut suger consumption at the beginning of the year.  I eat a high protein diet (lean meats), vegetables and a little fruit-usually berries.  I cook with virgin coconut oil, but use coconut with moderation because of its high carbohydrate content.  So far, I have had a couple of unrelated food reactions but no colds or sinus infections (I would have had at least 3 or 4 by now).  Sugar is a major health detriment.  It just makes sense to me that we should be eating what we're designed to--refined foods are very new to human evolution.
Regards to all,
Roz (upstate NY)