From:
walt-judy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
walt-judy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 2006 18:50:06 -0400

From: "walt-judy" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "Celiac" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2006 2:21 PM
Subject: Gluten:

>I accidentally ingested gluten.  I grabbed two bags of Midol cookies and
>did not realize one had gluten in the cookies.  I am feeling laggy today
>but not sick.  I am usually so careful and if I have a crumb I am sick so I
>am confused as I ate 3 cookies before I realized it.  I am just wondering
>why I am not sick as a dog and if I could get sick later.
>
> Thanks so much for your help.
>
> Judy
>
> NH

6 people:  they feel that because I have been GF for 4 years my body
tolerated it but do not try again.

4 people:  they had brain fog, which I did have for a few days, but not
sick.

4 people:  they said the anticipation of what may happen can be worse than
what actually happened, said not to worry unless I have to.

1 person:  don't go too far away from a bathroom as it could react up to 48
hours.

1 person:  says it could take 10 days to 2 wks to fully recover.

1 person: said to keep eating to get rid of gluten and also to eat something
greasy to flush out system.

3 people:  GF items should be set up in a separate part of the store.

1 person:  Per Dr. Fine's suggestion take max dose of Pepto Bismal.

I am happy to say that I did not get stomach sick but was laggy and had
brain fog for about 4 days.

To all of you wonderful people thanks so much for caring.  This group are
truly caring people.

Judy

NH

*******