From:
Silver DarkSky <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 12:48:44 EDT

In March 2002 I was in the hospital with a high white count, stomach pain and
while the doctor was looking for an ulcer, (he found one), I insisted on a
biopsy for Celiac Sprue, (he found it).

The white count was never explained.  These past months the ulcer continued
to rear it's ugly head while I sought pain meds that didn't tend to make
things worse.

On the 6th of August 2002 I was in the emergency room with stomach pain and a
high white count.  Protonix IV was given.  I went home, still in pain.  That
night I was taken by a huge cramp and burning pain deep down in my abdomen.
The pain persisted through the 7th and by the morning of the 8th I could
hardly stand to be bumped.

Back in the Emergency Room, lower white count.  Debate.  Appendix?  Me?  But
I'm so kind to my innards, I eat well.  Too thin for a good CAT scan I had an
ultra sound.  They found a glom of something but could not confirm what it
was.  They went in almost before I could absorb what was happening.

My bowel had looped around my ovary and pulled it against a seeping and very
short appendix.

The white count was explained.  I suppose this has been going on since March,
getting a bit worse with time and perhaps the ulcer pain later was happening
outside my stomach as the stuff was seeping loose in there, touching things.

This is the second day I have been able to get to the computer.  I am hoping
for suggestions how to detox my system after the massive invasion,
antibiotics and perhaps months of seeping.  I have diarrhea and constipation,
rapid cycling.  I went off meds at the hospital as everything but Tylenol
caused an upset stomach or hallucinations.

My Mom says yogurt and miso.  The yogurt is okay but I must be doing the miso
prep wrong as I think it tastes nasty.

I am also taking Nexium and can't get a GF status for it.

Any suggestions for regaining my health are welcome.

I hope to feel better than ever soon, now that I can be GF and have this
appendix out of the way.

I have a check up today.  I will be asking a lot of questions.  I don't
understand how they missed it in March or how a bowel can grab an ovary and
wrap it up with an appendix.  Maybe it was the only way to get everyone's
attention.

Thanks!

Blessed Be!
Rev. Silver DarkSky ULC