From:
Carol Fenster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol Fenster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2007 11:20:03 -0700

It doesn't look like spring here in Denver, CO. In fact, everything is
covered in snow and it is quite cold..... but I know spring arrives this
month, at least on the calendar.

I just returned from taping 4 gluten-free shows for the PBS series "Creative
Living with Sheryl Borden." They are distributed to 118 markets in 40 states
and are scheduled to air this fall/winter. Call your local PBS station to
check air times.

On these 4 shows, I demonstrated how to make Quinoa Tabbouleh, using whole
grain tabbouleh. The hostess loved it.

I also made my famous pizza and it was quickly gobbled up by the crew.

A flourless chocolate cake (made with ground almonds and quickly mixed up in
a food processor for convenience) satisfied the "sweet tooths" on the set.

Finally, I made a new dish called No-Bake Cereal Balls (in my forthcoming
Gluten-Free Quick and Easy, Avery, published in August, 2007) that used the
O-shaped cereals form Heartland's Finest Ingredients and Perky's O's as the
base. These are great for breakfasts "on the run" or snacks and came in
handy for me during my wait for my delayed flight at the airport.

To read more about this experience, read my latest issue of Carol's Culinary
Cues which will be posted on my web site this weekend.

In other news, the 2nd series of the "Art and Science of Gluten-Free
Gastronomy" here in Denver was a sell-out. I was paired with celebrity chef,
Matt Selby, who also graces the cover of the current issue of Denver's
premier restaurant magazines this month. Read the March issue of Carol's
Culinary Cues for a brief overview of this event. Mark May 15 on your
calendar for my next appearance, which will focus on breads. Go to
www.theglutenfreelifestyle.com <http://www.theglutenfreelifestyle.com/>  for
an overview of this monthly series.

Well, as I write this not a single snowflake has melted outside my window.
Darn. I guess spring will be a little late.

Carol Fenster, Ph.D., President/Founder

Savory Palate. Inc.; 800.741.5418; 303.741.5408.

8174 S. Holly Street, #404, Centennial, CO  80122