From:
A Gilliland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 13 May 2005 11:06:00 -0700

Hi All--

I feel really badly that I just asked for suggestions for gf bread recipes using no bean flour and less rice flour and now I need to ask if people would please share their yeast-free gf bread recipes (preferably sandwich-type) - still no bean flour and less rice flour, though I think I can sub out the rice flour. My doc is almost certain (as am I, now) that I have a yeast sensitivity. I feel really good when I eat biscuits or pancakes, but get a gluten-type reaction when I eat yeast breads.

The list archives don't have much and the cookbooks I have only mention Irish Soda Bread. I'm still hoping to get a 5 x 9" loaf for a decent sized sandwich, but maybe I'm really dreaming to hope for that without using yeast. I'd also still like to use combinations of the alternative flours like amaranth, Montina, buckwheat, sorghum, almond flours as well as the starch flours. There are, I'm sure, lots of people on the list who can't have yeast, so I'll certainly summarize the responses. And if anyone can tell me, generally, for yeast-free bread, how much baking powder and baking soda one typically uses per cup of flour, that would be a great help.

Sorry to be asking for so much here, lately. Guess we're at least getting some really good recipes posted for the archives. Thanks so much.

Cheers,
Ayn in Alabama

Yahoo! Mail Mobile