From:
Sheila Darbyshire <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 19:22:22 -0000

Hello everyone I have been gluten free for a few days and was doing fine
until today when I must have ingested some gluten somewhere but cannot
think how.  The only suspect food was some strawberry jam which
contained a lot of additives such as guar gum, E440, E331 and some
acidity regulator.  Is it possible that any of these could have caused
stomach cramps, wind and diarrhea?  Is it more likely to have been
hidden gluten is something else.  The only other non-whole food I ate
was some brown rice crackers containing rice, salt and water.  I
normally only eat whole fruit jams and preserves and avoid colourings
and E numbers like the plague, but guess I was not too vigilant this time!

Sheila