From:
Sean Chamberlain <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sean Chamberlain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Aug 2005 09:14:09 -0700

I met Danna Korn recently, and was extremely impressed with her knowledge of
and passion for promoting awareness of celiac disease.  She mentioned that
she's written two books and is working on her third, due out in March 2006.
I'm wondering about people's opinions of Danna's books and her work.  I'm a
physician, and am realizing that not only was my celiac education dismal,
but what I learned in med school seems to be mostly wrong.  I'd love to
become better educated (and according to Danna, I guess I should be tested
myself!), and have resources to give to patients.  A friend of mine, a
pediatric gastroenterologist, told me he gives Danna's first book to all of
his newly diagnosed patients as a gift.  I know her second book (and new one
yet to come out) are not just for kids, but for anyone on a gluten-free
diet; and judging from the number of pages that turned up when I did a
Google search on her name, I'm guessing she's fairly well-known in the
gluten-free world.  I'm interested in the patients' perspectives -- are her
books helpful, informative, credible, reliable, easy to read?
Thanks,
Sean