From:
Beverly Messner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 10:26:05 EDT

Here is the cake recipe that was causing all the controversy.  I have written
it as it was originally posted, with my conversions next to it.  Thanks to
the original poster of this recipe.  It was sooo good.

HEAVENLY CHOCOLATE CAKE

1 cup soy flour
3/4 cup 100% corn flour  (cornstarch)
1 1/4 tsp. bicarb soda
1/2 cup cocoa
1 1/4 cups caster sugar  (extra fine sugar, but I used regular granulated)
150 gm. butter...melted  (1 1/3 sticks ... or 2/3 cups)
1 TBS. GF white vinegar
1 cup evaporated milk
2 eggs 1 banana...mashed
2 TBS raspberry jam

Grease two 8" round sandwich cake pans....line bases with baking paper.  Sift
flours, soda, cocoa and sugar into a large bowl, add butter, vinegar and
milk.   Beat with electric beater on low speed 1 minute, add eggs, banana and
jam and beat on medium speed for two minutes.  Pour cake mix into prepared
pans.  Bake in moderate oven for 30 minutes or until cooked.  Stand cakes in
pans 5 minutes, turn onto wire rack to cool.  Sandwich cakes together with
whipped cream.