From:
Anita Diaz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 1997 21:32:46 -0500

Hello, I recently posted a question as to whether or not I needed to
revisit my GI after having been diagnosed with celiac disease over 3 yrs
ago with no further follow. All responding felt I should.  So I went back
to the same GI group, different dr. as my old one had retired.  This new GI
did blood test which all came out ok with the exception of mild anemia and
he has me scheduled to rebiopsy the end of this mon.  My suprise was with
this new guys feelings about a gf diet, he seems to think it would be
almost impossible to be 100% gf so he doesn't push his patients towards
that end.  He says if I'm 80% gf,maintaining my weight & feeling ok-that's
satisfactory.  He doesn't feel the increased cancer risk is a big threat
and kind of said the only problem with not being gf is the diarrhea, he
gave me a prescription for immodium and said to take 2-8 daily even on days
I don't have diarrhea to control it.  When I mentioned to him the lengths
to which people on the list go to in striving to be 100% gf he referred to
it as fanatical.  Anyway I just wanted to see what you guys out there
think.  A. Diaz