Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 10:12:58 -0400

I have since received a couple more recipes and am including them.

"CHOCOLATE CAKE
1 3/4 c. GF flour
1/2 t. xanthan gum
2 c. sugar
3/4 c. cocoa
1 1/2 t. baking soda
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
2 eggs
1 c. milk (optional: sour with 1 t. vinegar)
1/2 c. oil
2 t. vanilla
1 c. boiling water

Combine dry ingredients in large bowl & mix.  Beat eggs well & add to dry
ingredients with milk and oil.  Add remaining ingredients and mix.  Batter
will be thin.  Pour into greased and floured 13 x 9" pan.  Bake at 350 deg.
35-40 min. for oblong, 25-30 min. for 9" rounds and 15-20 min. for cupcakes."

"Hi.  I don't know if you are interested in another chocolate cake without
flour but I have one.  I can't vouch for it as I haven't tried it.  You must
be psychic as I dug out a pamphlet and sent the lady looking for a carrot
cake recipe the one that this has.  I got the pamphlet from Argo Cornstarch a
couple years ago.

Chocolate Mousse Cake

1 package, 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
1/2 cup margarine
6 eggs, seperated
1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons Argo Cornstarch

Spray 9" springform pan with cooking spray;dust lightly with additional
cornstarch.  In small saucepan, combine chocolate and margarine.

Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, just until chocolate melts.  Pour
into large bowl; cool to room temperature.  In medium bowl with mixer at high
speed, beat egg whites until foamy.  Gradually add sugar, beating until soft
peaks form.  Add egg yolks to chocolate mixture; stir until blended.  Stir in
cornstarch.  Gently fold in egg whites until thorougly blended.  Pour into
prepared pan Bake at 300 for 40 minutes or until set.  Run knife around edge.
Cool on wire rack.  Remove side of pan.  Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
Makes 10 servings."

Again, many thanks to those who took part in this.

Simone, NH