From:
Bobbie Proctor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jun 1998 17:41:35 -0400

I have received 3 suggestions so far, and two requests for
information when I have it! Since I'll be away for several
days, I'm summarizing what I have so far:

From Maurizio:
        http://www.cosmo2000.ca/deroma/produits_en.html#bi-aglut
        Ok, this Web site gives you the possibility to order
        GF Tagliatelle all'uovo (egg Tagliatelle)
        from Plasmon Bi-aglut that is an italian
        company that produces also other GF products.

        I have found by chance on the internet this canadian
        importer called Deroma
        of these european GF companies and you can find
        also the price-list somewhere around its web
        http://www.cosmo2000.ca/deroma/liste_en.html
        (it's pretty expensive...we can have in Italy free
        of charge). . . .

From Gabriele:
. . .The only ones that come close to your noodles are fettuccini cooked
longer than you usually would.I know what you mean.  I am from Europe and we
have often had that noddle type with Osso Bucco.

I use the noodles from Pastariso which are pretty good. . . .

From Nancy:
. . .the GF pasta/noodles recipe in Bette Hagman's cookbook is REALLY
good.  I made it with butter and caraway seeds like you said, and it was
delicious!  It's also REALLY easy (I've never made pasta before) -- you don't
need a pasta machine or anything.  Just roll it thin with a rolling pin, and
then cut to the width you want.  The noodles also freeze very well -- I
freeze them in layers with wax paper in between (like you would bacon slices)
and then just take out what I want without the whole bunch being frozen
together.

Thanks to you all! I'll summarize any more suggestions next week.
Bobbi in Baltimore