From:
Hawkins family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 1997 15:23:10 +0800

Hello all,

Well I am overwhelmed with all the responses concerning my question
regarding gluten free lipsticks.  The overall consensus is quite clear.
CLINIQUE.  so here is a brief summary of the many letters I received:

Cliniques products are hypo allergenic and most of them gluten free
according to the company itself.  The ones I kept being told were good is
their " Almost Lipstick", many people use that with no problems.
Interestingly enough many celiacs seems to suffer with the burning lips and
dry peeling skin problems.

One wonderful celiac sent me the information directly from the Clinique
people themselves:

<<We appreciate the opportunity to tell you that our products are all
gluten-free.  However, some products may contain a derivative of wheat
called " wheat sphingolipids".  The only lipstick in our line that contains
this ingredient is the Long Last Soft Shine Formula.>>

Several people use Vaseline on their lips, either on its own or underneath
other lipsticks.  Vaseline Intensive Care lip therapy and Carmex seem to be
popular too.

So many thanks to all who wrote, I am still receiving feedback!!
I will be asking for a Clinique lipstick to try out from Santa Claus.

Thankyou fellow celiacs.

Chris Hawkins