From:
Erin Booth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 1997 15:06:46 CST

Hi all,

I spoke to my accountant about claiming CD-related expenses on my
taxes, after getting some good advice from this group.  Apparently it
has been done successfully by at least one member of this group.  The
way to do it is by going through a disability claim, claiming for a
change of lifestyle and quality of life.  This includes having forms
filled out by your doctor regarding how your life has changed.

My accountant was not too optimistic about going this route.  I would
really like to pursue it though -- my lifestyle has been greatly
changed & my quality of life has *certainly* changed since all of
this started.  (Maybe I'll ask Judy to do my taxes next year -- she's
more familiar with all this than my accountant. ;-)  Meet you in
Montreal, Judy!)

I'd be interested in hearing anyone else's experience regarding
Canadian taxes.  Are there provincial regulations?

Erin
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada