From:
Mary Thorpe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Thorpe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Dec 2005 13:53:32 -0500

Hi, listmates,

I started a summary (of sorts) last night on vacuum sealers, and found that
only one listmate was at all encouraging about using a vacuum sealer for
fresh bread.  I wrote to her for more information and below is her note in
entirety.  I will send along the other responses in a second
message.  There was a lot of interest out there, and I'm sorry it  took me
so long to get these "summaries" together.  I was sick for a long time in
between and then had a lot of catching to do when I got back into
circulation.

The gist of it all seems to be that not all vacuum sealers are created
equally, so bear that in mind when you read the second set of
messages.  Not knowing what brand and model the respondents were using
makes it difficult to draw conclusions.  The instant seal feature seems to
be a "must" and variable settings are probably helpful as well.

Merry Christmas to all!

Mary