Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 1995 10:28:15 EDT

As we have all learned recently, the medical professionals have some both very
informed, knowledgeable individuals who know, are researching and care about CD,
and there are some who aren't near so knowledgeable.  My first question is more
for some of the medical professionals we have on this list.  Is there a
publication that would go to many if not all doctors that could be used to carry
article(s) about CD?  Or is there a mailing list of doctors we could buy to do a
mailing to them?  If we could get some of you medical professionals like Dr.
Horvath and Dr. Fasano to tell the family doctors, pediatricians and GI's more
about CD, that ethnic background doesn't matter, height and weight don't matter,
that there are ones with atypical symptoms, that it is not a childhood illness
and that the US is the most under diagnosed country in the modern world (an
embarrassment for the leading country in other medical respects I would think)
it seems like it could be a start to getting the U.S. so it recognises CD a
little better.  Has anything like this been done recently?

I realize one letter or publication wouldn't change the world but at least it
would be doing more good than just venting our frustration at the medical
professionals on this list who are trying to be of help and encouragement to us.

I would be willing to contribute towards or use my time and equipment if needed
to work towards or on such a project, anyone else game?

Tim Meadows, Warsaw, IN