From:
Anne Barfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anne Barfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Feb 2009 15:52:28 -0600

If you live in the central area of Texas and are interested to know what HEB
and Central Market stores are doing to encourage those of us on a gluten
diet to shop at their grocery stores, you might want to attend a meeting in
San Antonio on Tuesday, Feb. 24 at 6 30pm.  This meeting is open to everyone
who is interested in a gluten free diet.

Manager of Product Development Michael Dagerath is bringing a team from
several different departments to tell us what they are doing, to answer the
questions we have, and to listen to our suggestions!

The Directors of Own Brand Products, Consumer and Sensory Research,
Procurement, and Customer Service will be at this meeting to explain how
they are increasing products and creating better ways to label them. Before
long, we can expect their Customer Service Department to be able to quickly
tell us the gluten-free status of their products.

Please know that we welcome you to bring snacks to share at the meeting.
Think of something easy to eat like appetizers, crackers, chips, cookies, or
sliced breads. Maybe a fruit or veggie platter. Here is your chance to show
the H-E-B management how delicious our gluten-free snacks can be!  Remember
to bring a list of ingredients for your dish.

This will be a good opportunity to show H-E-B that there are many
gluten-free consumers all over the state of Texas who are interested in
buying their groceries at H-E-B/Central Market.

Please join us on Tuesday, February 24, at 6:30 pm at Covenant Presbyterian
Church, 211 Roleto Drive, San Antonio. This meeting will be held in the gym.
Enter the Mission Hall door and walk past the kitchen, down the ramp, and
through the double doors into the gym.

 If you have any questions about this meeting or what to bring, you can
contact me at 210-340-0648 or  <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

 Covenant Presbyterian Church is right off Lp 410 on the 410 West access
road between Honeysuckle and Blanco. Use the parking lot north of the
sanctuary. Approaching from the east, exit 410 at the Blanco exit and then
stay on the access road until you come to Roleto Drive and the church. From
the West, take the Northwest Military Highway exit from 410, then turn left
immediately on Northwest Military Highway and cross over 410 going north.
Take the first left (before the traffic light) and the street will dead end
at the church parking lot.

 Map for meeting location, 211 Roleto Drive, San Antonio:
http://tinyurl.com/dzp58n

Anne Barfield

Chair

Alamo Celiac San Antonio