Date:
Thu, 7 May 1998 22:34:09 EDT

Date:   98-05-07 15:59:39 EDT
From:   [log in to unmask] ([log in to unmask])
To:     [log in to unmask] ('DMZ421')

Dear Diane,

I contacted the vanilla extract manufacturer and they told me the grain used
in the alcohol is wheat.  I hope this helps with your research.

Many of our products are gluten-free.  We manufacture several types of tofu
and tempeh that are gluten-free as well as our Silk Soy Beverages and Silk
Dairyless Soy "yogurts".  I would be happy to provide you with more
information, or you could check our website at www.whitewave.com for complete
ingredients of each product.  Remember, that any product with soy sauce as an
ingredient will not be gluten-free.
Please contact me again if I can be of further assistance.

Patty Berger
_________________________
White Wave products.

By accident I sent the e-mail too soon before I  finished composing it.  I
wanted to explain that I received information by e-mail from the company that
their soy product was GF but none of my specific questions about the vanilla
extract or barley enzymes were addressed. So I wrote again and received the
response that was previously sent. They have the e-mail address and a Webb
site, if others want to see what information they can get but I am discouraged
as they say it is GF but the vanilla extract is wheat grain used???  Also one
year ago I was told the soy milk was GF and the vanilla was not of grain
source.  I am going to write to see If another person will respond better.
Diane, MA