From:
Leslie Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jun 1998 16:24:59 -0700

Last September I was diagnosed as being anemic and deficient in B12
after suffering a myriad of symptoms; one of the most irritating of
these was constant movement of the muscles in my calves and also
twitching at night.  It looked as though the muscles were dancing under
the skin and there was a sensation of electical charges or static
electricity.  After  several months of B12 shots and oral iron, the
symptoms abated considerably.

In April I was biopsy-diagnosed with celiac and have been GF since.  To
this point the only notable change is a weight gain, but all of a
sudden  the spasms and twitching are back.

I feel this is probably a result of malabsorption though I continue to
get shots and take iron and ingest a multitude of vitamins - all GF. Has
anyone else experienced these problems and is there a solution?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Leslie in BC, Canada