From:
Ian Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 22:21:57 -0500

Dear Listmates,

Does anyone know if any slushy type drinks are gf?   7-11 has Slurpy,
Wal-mart has Icee, and some other places have similar type drinks.  Even
Burger King now has Minute Maid Cherry frozen drinks and Frozen Coke.  My
nine year old would love to have one on these miserably hot summer days.

She is doing wonderfully.  I am so proud of her.  She has stuck to the gf
portion of her diet so well that we decided to try to let her have some gf
dairy products which she has an intolerance to.  We had been doing this,
but on a very limited basis with no problem.  When she started having
several items every day, the result was disastrous!  She developed very
severe eczema on her head (and lost quite a lot of hair by her part),
enlarged lymph nodes on the back of her head, and a small spot of eczema on
her shoulder.  We took her to the doctor and she said it was do to an
overload of dairy.  Now she is off dairy again (our daughter's own decision
I might add) and we are using homeopathy to help clear her up.  We now know
that her system just cannot tolerate this much dairy.  When she is cleared
up,  we can slowly allow her to have one item a week so that this does not
happen again.

If anyone has any suggestions regarding this occurrence, please contact me
by e-mail.  I am interested in ways to help clear this up as quickly as
possible.

Thanks in advance for any and all help, and I will summarize my findings
about slurpy drinks a lot faster than before.

Good health and happy summer.

Warmly,

Bev Wahl in Chicago