Date:
Mon, 21 May 2012 17:22:12 -0400

I received several responses from those who have recently been to
Universal.  It seemed the overwhelming response was go eat at
Margaritaville at City Walk, which I believe is right across the
street from Islands of Adventure.

Thank you for everyone's response!

Below are the responses:

> We went to Islands of Adventure so I can't help you with the park so
> much, but on the city walk on the way in, there is a Margaritaville
> where we had dinner.  They have a large selection of GF items,
> including a brownie sundae and a cheeseburger on a bun.  My daughter
> loved the bun so much we asked the waitress for the brand name.  It
> was Jillian's, which we have never seen up in the Midwest so my
> husband asked if we could somehow buy a couple for the rest of the
> stay and drive home.  The waitress came back with the chef and he
> handed us a full package of frozen buns and told us to take them on
> the house and just spread the word about their restaurant.  I was so
> touched by that and you bet I'm spreading the word.  Great food,
> great selection, great atmosphere, and great service!
>
> FYI, we did make a reservation right away in the morning at a booth
> in the park to be sure we didn't have to wait long at all.  And
> there are pizzeria UNOs down in the Orlando area too where you can
> also get a great selection of GF food, including pizza!

---------------------------

We stayed at the Lowes Hotel and they had almost anything we wanted
GF.  Asian stir-fry, pancakes, muffins....  They knew all about GF and
bent over backwards to make sure our family was safe and happy there.
It was wonderful because you were able to get into Harry Potter an
hour early and we were all able to eat safely.

I can't remember exactly where we ate at the park.  I know we ate at
the big restaurant in the middle and they were absolutely able to
accommodate us.  I remember you either need a reservation there or get
there right when they open up.  I think it was called Mythos.

Have fun and good luck!

---------------------------

Bob marley''s has a gf menu - not inside the park, but right outside.

And we liked the food and the atmosphere :-)
-------------------------

I just got back from eating at Bubba Gumps Seafood restaurant at
Universal. They have a small gluten free menu. I had the shrimp and
rice. The manager brings it out. I had no problems

-------------------------

This one is from about a year and a half ago:

Thank you for contacting Universal Orlando® Guest Services.

We offer a variety of fresh, delicious food for our guests to enjoy.
For
the convenience of our guests with gluten allergies, we have chefs in
residence at each of our full-service restaurants (Lombard’s Seafood
Grille
and Finnegan’s Bar & Grill in Universal Studios Florida®, and Mythos
Restaurant® and Confisco Grille® in Universal’s Islands of Adventure®)
who
can create meals customized to suit individual tastes and needs.  Our
full-service restaurants serve gluten-free pasta, and Confisco Grille®
at
Islands of Adventure® features a dedicated gluten-free menu, which
includes
the following gluten-free options: Pesto Penne & Tomato Basil, made with
rice noodles; Mussels; and Caesar Salad.  At this time, we do not
offer an
electronic version of the Gluten-free menu.

We are also pleased to provide a variety of gluten-free quick-service
options.  The International Food & Film Festival in Universal Studios
Florida®, and the Thunder Falls Terrace in Islands of Adventure®,
offer the
following gluten-free items: roasted chicken; smoked chicken; smoked
ribs;
smoked turkey legs; roasted potatoes with onions, fresh herbs, salt, and
pepper; roasted corn; baked potatoes; french fries cooked in canola
oil; and
salads.

I am delighted to inform you that Butterbeer™ and Pumpkin Juice™ are
gluten-free.  Also, at the Three Broomsticks™, the chicken platter,
the rib
platter and turkey legs are gluten free.  Please be advised that the
Irish
soda bread and croutons do not have a gluten free option.  At this
time, all
of the desserts sold at Honeydukes™ are flour-based.  The packaged
candies
sold at Honeydukes™ have nutritional labels, including the
ingredients, as
these products are made outside of our resort.  I also recommend that
you
speak with a Foods Services Manager at each location to help you
select the
appropriate items.

In addition, food carts throughout the parks serve apples, oranges,
grapes,
and watermelon slices.  The lemon slush drinks and turkey legs available
throughout the parks are also gluten-free.  The managers at any of our
quick-service restaurants can assist with specific menu questions to
help
you select appropriate items during your visit.

Universal Orlando® strives to offer inclusive vacation packages that
appeal
to a wide variety of tastes, needs, and budgets.  I encourage you to
explore
our interactive website, www.universalorlando.com
<http://www.universalorlando.com/> , or contact our Reservations
Department
at (800) 407-4275, to learn more about ticket options and vacation
package
offerings at our resort.  If you have any other questions or concerns,
please feel free to call me at (407) 224-4233, option two (2).

Again, thank you for contacting us.  We look forward to entertaining
you.

Best Regards,

Kimberly
Coordinator, Guest Services