From:
Jane Lash <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jane Lash <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Nov 2006 14:20:31 -0500

Thanks so much for the overwhelming response in answer to my question
regarding graham cracker crust substitutes for cheesecake; I really
appreciate it!  Thanks!  Jane - NY

The responses I received are as follows:

Kinnikinnick crisp Ginger Snap cookie
21 - Midel gluten free ginger snaps (To tone down the gingery taste I
sometimes will mix them with Mi-del animal crackers or rice bran  crackers)
4 - Mi-Del pecan and ginger snaps cookie mixture
Midel gluten free chocolate chip cookies
Mi-Del animal cookies and ground pecans (1 cup for 1 cup)
2 - Mi-Del Gluten Free Arrowroot Cookies
Whole Foods GF ginger snaps
GF shortbread cookies
2 - Kinnikinnick Foods – Graham cracker style crust mix
6 - Kinnikinnick GF graham cracker crumbs
2 - Bette Hagman's recipe for Mock Graham Crackers from her 2nd book
10 - ground almonds or other nuts
4 - GF cookies
Bette Hagman bead book
Pamela’s cookies – (ie  GF shortbread cookies, mini- ginger snaps, Pecan
Shortbread Cookies)
Pamela's chocolate chip cookies without the chocolate chips, let them dry
out for a day, crushed them and add butter
Wild Oats GF chocolate chip cookies
biscotti crumbs - made by www.mariposabaking.com
2 - Envirokids animal cookies
Evironkids - gf vanilla wafer
Dr. Schar's lady fingers
3 - Health Valley's Rice Bran Graham Crackers
2 - Rice Bran crackers
GF cereal:
Arrowhead Mills Buckwheat Maple flakes
Nature's Path Mesa Sunrise
Nature's Path Honey'd Cornflakes
Health Valley Crunchem's
4 - Nature Valley Brown rice crackers
Miss Roben's graham cracker mix
2 - GF biscotti Pamela’s lemon or the chocolate walnut; Ener-G foods almond
flavor
Ener-G crumble
Streit's or Manchevits (not sure of spelling) Honey nut macaroons
Honey Grahamless Cracker" mix - at www.glutenfreemixes.com
Mi-Del Pecan Sandie cookies - add a little extra xanthan gum, about 1/4 cup
melted butter and put them in my form pan, bake about 10 minutes
3 – skip the crust
reference  www.pamelasproducts.com for recipes
coconut and butter