From:
"Karen M. Davis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 1995 08:52:52 -0700

Someone wrote (my stupid editor doesn't grab your names!):

> I had not heard of cider vinegar being contaminated also.  Just to be on the
> safe side, will you please send a recipe for you apple cider vinegar.

Um, there are two type of cider vinegar - cider *flavored* vinegar and
*pure* cider vinegar. The "flavored" stuff starts with a base of
distilled vinegar... Hain makes a *pure* cider vinegar that is rather
nice... and available at your local HFS. The "flavored" stuff is what you
usually get at the supermarket...

Also, for those who are having problems with "distilled" vinegar - are
you sure it's the vinegar? For example, I was getting sick about every
3rd or 4th time I had tuna salad - it wasn't the mayo (and vinegar) - the
*tuna* had "hydrolyzed" protein in it - either veg (most likely wheat) or
dairy (casein - which I also have a problem with)! Now, I only eat tuna
salad at home, and make sure that I use a local brand packed only with
water (TJs house brand). I've had no problems since...

karen

[log in to unmask]   (if urgent, use [log in to unmask] - the better half)
Karen Davis of Davis and Associates (818)892-8555
           "Pain is Mother Nature's way of telling us to slow down;
                       Death is her way of INSISTING!"