From:
Fred, Deb, Cameron & Samuel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 21:56:27 -0400

I thought this might be helpful information regarding the GF status of
Powerbars.

Thank you for taking the time to contact PowerBar. We appreciate your
inquiry.

All of our bars contain one form or another of gluten ingredients. Our
Essentials bars are gluten free, however the production-line that
manufacturers the Essentials bars may produce other products that contain
gluten. Because there may be a slight trace of gluten ingredients due to
cross contaminations, we would recommend not consuming any of our bars if
she has serious allergies toward gluten. Your wife may want to try our
PowerGel or Perform Sports Drink which are both totally gluten free and not
manufactured anywhere near the production line in which our bars are
produced.

I do hope this answers your question or concerns appropriately. Please call
1-800-58-POWER, option #5 if you have any additional questions.

Sincerely, Jesica

Consumer Relations