From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 20:23:11 -0400

Holly Gallahue wrote:

>Taylor my daughter is 3.5 she was off gluten for
>6 weeks then started a gluten challenge about 2 months ago.
>
> her symptoms have not really returned.

This doesn't surprise me. Back in the days of feeding the celiac babies a
banana diet (plus sometimes other GF foods) they were kept on the diet
until symptoms did not return when a trial regular diet was tried. So a
period of being GF in the young days just makes the symptoms less obvious.

> but the MAJOR issue is her mood, she
>has become unbearable. crying all the time no patience very shy, wont
>separate

Back in Oct. 1889 "The Coeliac Affection in Children" was published. An
excerpt from it:

The temper of the child seems variable, most frequently he is extremely
irritable, fretful, capricious, or peevish. Nothing seems to please him,
and altogether he is quite unlike himself. Sometimes he is heavy and
languid, complaining of headache, and wishing to lie down a good deal. ...
Another important point concerning these patients is that the least thing
apparently upsets them,

Does this sound like your daughter?

Don <www.gluten-free.org>.