Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 2004 23:13:51 EDT

My mother   who is in her 70's was in a serious car accident this winter.
She broke both legs almost beyond repair.   She is now loaded with metal
plates and rods.
The doctors now want to do an allograft patellar and tendon transplant.
Are celiacs more likey to reject the tissue because of our autoimmune
systems?
Has anyone else ever had this done?    What should we expect?
She has been in the hospital/ nursing home for over 4 months already.
Believe me we have had major food issues.   Lucky for us the new assisted living
center is bending over backwards to work with us.
Thanks for the help.
Lynn