From:
Cliff Kothcka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Dec 1995 20:12:16 +0200

>I have been a confirmed celiac for a year.  My symptoms are minimal. I
>don't comply strickly with the diet since I eat white vinegar without
>checking the source and rice krispies etc. that have small amounts of
>gluten.

What you are doing is extremely dangerous.  Maybe you need to do a little
more reading on the subject so that you understand all the future
consequences of your actions.

I recently had a conversation with a woman in her 60's who did much the
same as you for the past 20 years.  She was complaining of continuous,
uncontrollable diarrhea.  She told me that  she often had fecal matter
dripping down her leg. Needless to say she was extremely worried,
especially since she had been on a strict gluten free diet for a couple of
months with no results.  BTW she is under the care of a good GI doc who
understands the disease.  If I remember correctly, she told me that he was
going to try some steroids to control her condition.  I lost track of her,
 so I don't have any idea how she is.

Think about it, Julie.
--

Cliff Kotchka