From:
Dave Kinnaman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Dec 1994 14:18:06 -0600

Celiac List Folks,

I am curious about the skin condition that I understand is associated with
celiac sprue. Here are some questions about the skin condition.

 1. Is it *always* confined to certain parts of the body?

 2. Does every celiac have the dermatitis at one time or another?

I understand it must be red, and itchy, with raised spots.

 3. Does it cover square inches of skin or is it very small?

 4. What do the doctors like to do to treat it?

 5. Are there any self-care comfort measures that help make it more
    tolerable or help it heal? Does heat or cold, for instance, make
    the dermatitis feel better?

 6. How long does it stay after one has an outbreak?

 7. What is the worst damage that dermatitis herpetiformous can cause?

Thanks you for any help with these questions!

 Pax,  Dave
Dave Kinnaman <[log in to unmask]> 512/463-9321 #insert pithy aphorism here#