From:
Mike Barushok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 19:20:52 -0500

>From the web site posted to this list earlier:

    An allergy is a condition of unusual sensitivity of one person
   to one or more substances that may be harmless to the majority of
   individuals. In the allergic person, the allergic substance
   (known as an allergen), is viewed by the brain as a threat to the
   body's well-being. Therefore, for our purposes, an allergy is
   defined in terms of what a substance does to the energy flow
   in the body. Allergies are the result of energy imbalances in
   the body, leading to a diminished state of health in one or more
   organ systems.

I know that many find usefull information on this list, if they suffer
from wheat allergies. However, the idea that the reaction is 'viewed by
the brain as a threat...', is not the problem for most of us to want
relief from. If my brain did not perceive the threat, the gut would seem
to bear the brunt of the damage. Celiac is not an allergy, although
it may, because of the 'leaky gut' result in some allergies developing.

Just my observations, and just my opinions, form your own, but do the
homework as well as you can, before jumping on some new treatment bandwagon.
I think that the temptation to look for a 'cure' that would allow us to eat
like normal people is so great that many are grasping at a very weak prospect
here. I would also note that if you look at where the NAET practitiones are
located you will notice that they seem all to be where there are large
concentrations of Retired Folks. I don't mean to put more meaning into that
than what it deserves, but people open your eyes to the reality here.

Mike Barushok, Celiac, in Wichita, Kansas, USA