Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2007 11:56:43 -0500

Hello,

Please visit www.DeletetheWheat.com <http://www.deletethewheat.com/>
periodically to see other GLUTEN FREE classes as they are posted.

Special CELIAC DISEASE EDUCATIONAL INITIATIVE - No charge for celiac
lectures

Through Oct 2008, I will be presenting lectures to dietitians, doctors,
nurses and the celiac community through a special celiac educational
initiative funded by the Celiac Center at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical
Center, Boston, MA. If you know of a hospital, clinic, or support group
who would like to host a lecture (Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center -
Celiac Center will cover all costs), please contact me at:

Weight Management on the Gluten Free Diet

Dates: Wed, Jan 16, 23, 30 and Feb 6, 2008

Location:  Harvest COOP, Central Square

581 Massachusetts Ave
Cambridge, MA 02139

Parking in lot behind the store or metered street parking

4-week series of classes dedicated to weight loss and weight management
on the gluten free diet, including:

* Healthy gluten-free cooking demos and taste sampling (millet, teff,
quinoa, sorghum, amaranth and buckwheat)

* Guided store tours during class and food journal analysis

* Lessons on portion sizes, healthy fats, fiber, sodium, calories,
nutrition, activity..

* Individualized attention to your gluten-free diet from celiac
dietitian

* Recipes, gluten free resources, product samples

Cost: $150 for 4 week series

Limited to 8 participants (minimum 6 participants)

Registration required: please call Melinda Dennis at 617-851-8643 with
your full name, phone number, email, and best times to reach you for a
pre-registration discussion.

Comments from past participants:

"Thank you, Melinda. It was a really enjoyable and beneficial class. I
have lost 4 pounds since the class began. It was a chronic junk food
eater. Now I am so much more aware of the healthy and tasty food that is
available out there."  A.G.

"I loved the class. I wish we could meet every week. Every minute was
well spent -both educational and enjoyable (great recipes, helpful tips
and grocery tours!)" L.O.

"I found this series was most valuable in educating me on the use of the
different grains and their values."

"You've educated and inspired me to get motivated again!"  C.D.

***

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Nutrition and the Gluten Free Diet

Time: 6:45 - 8:15pm

Location:  Newtonville Whole Foods

Discussion, Q & A, and store tour focusing on optimal health - vitamin
and mineral needs, calcium and vitamin D, iron, omega-3s, fiber &
fortification, balance and eating for good health with celiac disease
and gluten intolerance. Bring your questions! We'll go on a store tour.
Samples and coupons provided.

TO register, call: 617-965-2070

Cost: $10 (payable to Whole Foods)

***

Sunday, February 10, 2008
Time: 2-4PM
Rafferty's Restaurant & Pub
North Conway, New Hampshire
Discussion and Q & A on Safe Dining and Traveling
Full Gluten free menu to order from and samplings of some of these items
and more
Call: 603-356-6460 for more information and to register.

*****

Monday, March 3, 2008 - evening

Palm Beach County Celiac Support Group (Florida)

Lecture Topic: "Nutritional Considerations on the Gluten Free Diet"

A REQUEST:

I'm looking for teaching spaces with a kitchen. If you know of one in
the Greater Boston area, please let me know. I plan to hold a drop-in
weight management support group for those with celiac disease, but the
location is yet to be found. Thanks!!

Thank you.

Melinda Dennis, MS, RD, LDN

Celiac Dietitian