From:
Carolyn Randall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2001 20:24:43 -0800

Below is a summary and some responses I received to my Summary posting
about millet breads from DeLand Bakery in Florida.  Carolyn R

****************

Most knowledgeable people on this list can tell you that millet is
certainly not wheat and is not even closely related to wheat. It is an
entirely different grain and is gluten-free. The bread you mentioned is
sold by a local health food store in the Boston area. I have tried it
and agree it is one of the best around.

****************

excerpt from:

CELIAC archives -- March 1995
...archives site/letter from Don Kasarda on millet:

"Evidence so far on millet proteins (also millet taxonomy) indicates
that millet proteins are closely related to corn proteins.  If corn is
accepted as a safe grain, then millet is likely to be safe as well."

I love the millet bread and I did research before eating it... as far as
I can tell it is gluten free.... and boy is it good!!!  Love the apple
rolls.