From:
"Joan E. TERRY" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joan E. TERRY
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 2008 12:56:01 -0700

Was diagnosed in 2004. Am 65 years old.  Since retirement last summer, have had 2 separate bouts with low back strain, followed by cervical strain.  Returning from a river boat trip in June, got  low back strain, again, followed by neck strain.  This time, have both at the same time.
Am taking 2,000 mgms of Calcium as well as Vitamin D with food and supplements, daily.  Walk , use pool, go to the "Y" for treadmill and eliptical ( stopped "Y" right now.  Am in good physical conditioning. Does anyone else have back strain issues? I am  a retired nurse, so bad backs go with the profession, but not all the time.....I am going to see an Orthopedist soon. However, don't have great expectation.  Will probably be told I am ongoing woman with compressed discs.  Any thoughts? I  will summarize.