From:
Dennis Languay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 11:00:19 -0500

I am a 61 year old, biopsy diagnosed, celiac. My son, was diagnosed with DH
18 years ago. Both of us maintain  strict GF diets.

His 3 year old son has shown all the signs of CD, small and delicate,
extended stomach, pale, digestive problems etc. Since CD runs in families,
our assessment was that we had passed on the CD genes to him. He was put on
the GF diet and seemed to improve.

Since  a medical diagnosis/confirmation was in order, appointments were made
with his pediatrician and subsequently with a pedo-gastroenterologist who
had him do the IGa and IGg tests. Both of which indicated higher than normal
levels and suggested an endoscopy as final proof.

The biopsy results came back NEGATIVE, but the signs of gluten intolerance
remain.

Have any of you or your relatives experienced this situation and what did
you do?

Dennis Languay (Montreal)
Tel:  (450) 466-1946
Fax: (450) 466-9902