From:
Emily Waugh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Emily Waugh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 09:05:51 -0800

I emailed the Dr. Pepper company to ask about the GF status of Dr.
Pepper and Diet Dr. Pepper, because I couldn't find anything about it in
the archives, and those are my favorite soft drinks.  I wanted to share
with all of you the reply I received from them:

*************************
Thank you for contacting us about the presence of gluten in our
products. Consumer inquiries such as this are appreciated because they
provide valuable feedback about our brands. DPSU products are considered
gluten-free. Consumers with Celiac Sprue disease must stay away from any
products with gluten in them. Because of the high fructose corn syrup,
most of our products contain a small amount of corn gluten. Corn gluten
is generally not considered harmful to people with Celiac Sprue disease.

Gluten is a mixture of complex proteins found in the grain of wheat,
barley, oats, rye, rice, corn, and other grains. Many soft drinks,
including those produced by Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc. contain high
fructose corn syrup which is derived from corn and which may contain
very small amounts of corn gluten. According to the Celiac Sprue
Association, corn gluten is not of concern to people who have Celiac
Sprue disease.
We encourage consumers with more specific questions about Celiac Sprue
to contact the Celiac Sprue Association at www.csaceliacs.org or (402)
558-0600.

We appreciate your inquiry and hope you will continue to enjoy our soft
drink brands. For more information about our company, please visit our
corporate web site at www.dpsu.com.

Sincerely,
Consumer Relations
Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc.