From:
Cindy Sippin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cindy Sippin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2003 23:02:57 -0500

My 5 y/o daughter has been gf for almost 2 years and thriving. Her
diagnosis was not an easy one to make, so as a part of it she had the
genetic testing to confirm her diagnosis. She possess the DQ2 marker, as do
one of her brothers and both myself and my husband.

About a month ago my 7 y/o son began complaining of abdominal pain,
especially after eating. He would skip meals telling me that he didn't want
to get a stomachache. He even asked me to prepare him gf meals to see if he
would feel better. He has been constipated since infancy and continues to
have this problem. After some coaxing I got my pediatrician to request his
antibodies be tested again. His tTg is negative, his IgG is 32 - strong
positive and his IgA is negative. When my daughter was tested originally
her results were almost identical, her IgG was 27 - weak positive. Unlike
my daughter who suffered from chronic diarrhea and had stopped growing, my
son is above the 95th% in both height and weight.

Does anyone else have a confirmed Celiac in their family with similar
symptoms as my son? I will have to wait until next week to speak with our
Ped. GI.

Fondly,
Cindy
NY