Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 1995 23:19:17 -0500

My experiences and sentiments about the world and feeling alergic to
it are VERY similar to Gayle's but quite the opposite of Carollee's.
In fact is was a search of the net/web with cross-references between
chemical sensitivities and attention deficit that pointed me to the
diagnoses of Celiac.  Having been GF has really helped my chemical
sensitivies.

Unlike CD about which we can control the environment, problems with
Chemical Intolerances such as alergies to perfumes, pesticides, car
fumes, detergents, sanitizers, fabric treatments, etc. are out of OUR
control.  Shopping for clothes used to be a NIGHTMARE!  Something used
as a finishing agent...finished me for days!

In fact I had to move out of my home last year due to the sealant put
on the parking lot in front of my home.  I have since returned with
what appears to be little to no reaction.

Additionally, I used to have sever problems with things like ChemLawn.
I could tell when they've been through a neighborhood for several days
following the application.  I am hoping that being GF will change my
reactions to these chemicals as well.  (I have only been GF for just
over 2 months - past the ChemLawn season in my area.)

    Gayle> Anyway, I am 90% past negative reactions to fumes and I
    Gayle> hope the rest of you who have had problems with out-gassing
    Gayle> or perfumes, etc., will eventually improve as I have done.
    /  David M. Schwartz               Century Computing, Inc      /
   /  Phone:  301-953-3330 (x147)     8101 Sandy Spring Road      /
  /  Fax:  301-953-2368              Laurel, Maryland  20707     /
 /  Net:  [log in to unmask]               WWW:  http://www.cen.com/   /