From:
"Vicki E. Jones" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vicki E. Jones
Date:
Tue, 9 Aug 2005 17:36:25 -0500

Dear Listmates -
Thank you to everyone who responded.
Apparently there are many of us who were misdiagnosed for years
because we don't have diarrhea as a gluten reaction, or as a symptom
of Celiac Disease at all. Several listmates said they have - or had -
constipation, not diarrhea. One listmate usually has constipation, but
rarely, diarrhea.

Several people mentioned they hope that doctors catch up with our
knowledge of Celiac Disease. That's what U of Chicago and U of
Maryland are working on. Getting the word out. GIG, Celiac
Sprue Association, Restaurant Awareness all get the word out, too.

We all have to do our part to educate doctors, manufacturers, and the
public.

Maybe that's why I don't understand when I look at Twizzlers and
Good N Plenty labels, and other candies, and now see flour listed
as an ingredient. They just aren't getting the message...yet.

Eventually, when they realize they are losing 3 million potential customers
(as people get diagnosed correctly), their ingredients will change.
Vicki