From:
MS BRENDA K LANEY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 1995 10:06:14 EDT

There is a lady in SC who has had celiac disease for 10
years. She had gained weight on the gluten free diet. When
one of the meds she takes changed it's formula she ended up
in the hospital having lost from 103 lbs to 63 lbs. She is
at 59 lbs now and still losing. She is the only sprue
patient her doctor has. She is looking for a doctor in SC-
especially in the Columbia or Hartsville area who has
several sprue patients and is familiar with sprue. I am
writing this at her request and her doctor is agreeable and
is, in fact, helping to look for another doctor who may can
help her. Or maybe some of the doctors on the list would be
willing to suggest things to her doctor that may help. She's
not on the list but I can E-mail her phone number to anybody
who can help.  She is VERY careful and has tried leaving out
any foods they think might help. Right now they are taking
her off fats to see if that helps.

Thanks, Brenda