From:
Rita Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rita Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2006 19:51:51 -0500

Lone Star Steakhouse: Several locations - The following options exist: plain, non-spiced steak non-spiced, beef kabobs (steak, mushrooms, green pepper, tomato, and yellow onion), non-spiced, chicken kabob (chicken, mushrooms, green pepper, tomato, and yellow onion), and a plain salad (iceberg lettuce, romaine lettuce, red cabbage, and carrots), and oil and vinegar. Further, our baked potatoes are coated and seasoned with butter and bacon before baking. Our consultant suggests no spices because certain spices may contain gluten-related products and/or are manufactured in plants where other gluten products are also produced.

Longhorn Steakhouse: Several locations - All seasonings, salad dressings, sour cream, sautéed and grilled onions, sautéed mushrooms (not Portobello) are GF. GF sauce: Chipotle Ranch only! French fries, seasoned French fries, Veggies, Baked potato - sweet potato w cinnamon/butter, mashed potatoes, Citrus Rice, Jalapeno Cole Slaw, all GF, Grilled shrimp (NO corn Fries), Raw Chicken Tenders - Chicken breasts are NOT GF! Request substitute . Rocky top chicken, no BBQ sauce, Sierra Chicken, Grilled Chicken Salad. Flo’s Filet, Bacon Wrapped Filet, Ribeye, NY Strip, the Renegade, Chop Steak, Texas T-bone, The Longhorn, Prime Rib - no au jus, Longhorn salmon, no marinade, grilled shrimp, Salmon Salad, no marinade, Cowboy Pork Chops, No brandied apples, Baby Back Ribs - No BBQ sauce.

LoRusso’s; 3121 Watson, 63139, 647-6222 Recommend talapia and steamed vegetables. "Rich LoRusso and his chef, Ben, cater to all dietary needs. We have never had a bad experience there. There is not a lot to choose from, but the fish is good and the wine selection is the best in St. Louis"
McDonald’s: Many locations - List of GF items on the internet. Their new fruit and nut salad is GF except for the walnuts which contain wheat starch. They are packaged separately. CAUTION: Chicken breast no longer GF!!!!! As of 2/06 there has been a huge controversy over their French fries. All of the Celiac Organizations agree that their French fries are GF. 4/06

Macaroni Grill: Several locations - Menu changes monthly - go to website for each month's menu. www.macaronigrill.com GF menu for May includes:· Salads: Mozzarella Alla Caprese, Insalata Blu Casa without croutons, Caesar della Casa, no croutons. Salad dressings: Caesar, honey mustard, Italian. Soup: Tomato LeekGrilled Steak or Salmon Filet, Tuscan Rib-eye or Non-marinated Chicken Breast:- request your meat selection be grilled with only olive oil, herbs, salt and/or pepper, Pollo Magro "Skinny chicken". · Sides: Asparagus, Sautéed Broccoli, or Fresh Strawberries (available until Feb. 2006); Extras: Pesto Sauce; Dessert: Child's Ice Cream, Caramel sauce. 5/06

Maggiano’s: This new restaurant is located at #2 The Boulevard, 63117 (off of Brentwood Blvd. near P. F. Chang's). Their phone number is 824-2402. You may see their menu and get directions at www.maggianos.com. "also, add Maggiano's to the list of restaurants willing to take great care of us. You can ask all the questions you want. I was at the opening night party and the chef came out to go over ideas. tons of options there, I tell you. They do not have a gluten free menu, per se, but will work with you to do anything you wish". ". As of 10/26/05, they have GF pasta available. "Friday night we went to Maggianos for a special dinner. It was probably the best experience ever with a gluten free diet and a restaurant. The waiter sent a chef out to speak with my husband and made him a pasta dish. I then asked what kind of pasta they use and they brought out a bag for us to see. The brand is Felicia and it is a product of Italy. They also altered the mussels so Denny could eat them-changed the broth and they were wonderful with a parmesan broth, white beans and pieces of sun dried tomato. When we got ready to leave the waiter brought a bag of the uncooked pasta and told us it was compliments of the chef. I would highly recommend this restaurant." Be sure to make reservations in advance. 1/06 WARNING: While the majority of us have enjoyed our dinners at Maggianos, several have complained of getting reactions. 2/06

Mai Lee: 8440 Delmar, University City, 993-3754 - Rice paper rolls and Vietnamese soups to die for. One person wrote that the server told her that all entrees starting with #46 are GF (you may have to substitute the spring roll for the egg roll in some entrees)

Manno’s, Paul 75 Forum Shopping Center, Chesterfield, 878-1274 - They will cook your pasta for you. Chef is very helpful assuring you of a GF meal. Suggest making reservations.

Melting Pot: 6683 Delmar Blvd., 63130 725-4141. There is a second location in Chesterfield at Lamp and Lantern Village; however, comments were from those who ate in the U. City location. "Yes I have eaten there and it is one of my favorites. They are very accommodating and I didn’t even call ahead. The cheese fondue is made with flour but they can make it without flour for you and they do it right at your table so you watch everything that they put it in. I actually like it better without the flour. Their oils - you can ask for different ones as well and they will use whatever you can have. And some of their chocolate fondues are just straight chocolate so you can have that as well. I love this place. It was amazing, it just so happened that we had the same waitress 2x in a row and it was about 6 months between visits. But she remembered exactly who we were and what I could and could not have. Her name was Meredith and she works at the one in U City. Not sure if she is still there as it has been about a year since I have gone but she is great! For the Cheese fondue they serve bread (which obviously we did not use) and veggies and fruit. The apples and carrots are my favorite to use! as for the entree, they serve veggies and meat, poultry and seafood. Chocolate fondue - fruit and pound cake (once again, we just used the fruit). I did not need to bring any crackers or bread with me. Its a four course meal if you order the Fondue for two. Its Cheese fondue, salad, Entree fondue, and Chocolate fondue. Drink lots of water and don’t bother to have wine or anything because you will not be able to finish it" Menu online at www.meltingpot.com 11/05