From:
Warren Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 1996 09:40:00 EDT

I was at the Palace from Sept. 10-12 (different meeting from
Annamaureen's) and found them no better or worse than any other
establishment of this kind at providing for the needs of a Celiac.

They served continental breakfast in the morning.  I brought my own
bagels and only drank their OJ.  They had a big lunch one day, serving
over 500 people.  I talked to the kitchen manager a few hours prior to
this event.  The standard meal was not GF, so she agreed to give me
plain, grilled chicken and some vegetables, plus fruit for dessert.  The
chicken arrived on a bed of pasta, but I returned it and they brought a
fresh dish (not the same chicken) within 5-10 minutes.

I ate twice at the "Watercress" restaurant, salmon once for dinner and
grilled chicken once for lunch.  Both of these required a few small
deviations from what was described on the menu.  I didn't have any
problems.  I also ate one dinner at the "Outback" restaurant.  Again,
some small modifications were required, but they were perfectly willing
to make them.

I go to this kind of meeting once or twice a year.  The Palace was as
accommodating as any of the other locations I have been to.

Warren Anderson
Marlborough, MA