Date:
Sun, 26 Feb 2006 11:12:11 -0500

Summary ? Atlanta Restaurants

I recently posted a request for suggestions for eating in Atlanta
within walking distance of the convention center because my GF daughter
and I were traveling to the city for a big cheerleading competition.
Thank you to my responders!

I received one response from someone looking forward to seeing the
summary.

One person suggested I could take the MARTA metro trains to the Lenox
stop.  They also advised me that Atlanta has a very active support
group that could be helpful.

Another person sent me a list of contact information for the support
group and listed some suggested Atlanta restaurants.  I?ve included the
list at the end of the summary.

So here?s what I ended up doing:

There's not a lot of free time at these competitions, so I really
needed to find things that were fast and within walking distance.

I called the Holiday Inn ahead of time and spoke to the kitchen
manager.  He was fantastic.  We talked about cross contamination and
what on the menu would be easy to adjust.  I felt like I was in very
good hands and it went very well.

I also called the Convention Center ahead of time and spoke with the
executive chef.  He told me what would be sold at the event and we
worked together to identify safe foods.

Fortunately, the CNN building next to the convention center has an
eatery with a Wendy?s and a Chick Fila .  There also a McCormicks &
Schmidts Seafood restaurant at the CNN building.  They are usually very
helpful, but I didn?t have an opportunity to go there.

Atlanta Support Group and other suggested restaurants:

Contact: Bernie Mercer
404-728-1508
or
Lee Collins

Fogo De Chao
1301 Piedmont Road
www.fogodechiao.com

Avanzarre
(In the Hyatt)
(Near peachtree center)

Subway Shop
(located same as above)
gf list online
ask the staff person to change his/her gloves before making your salad

Red Lobster

Outback Steak House

Longhorn Steak House

Pleasant Pheasant