From:
Alex Pierschalla <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alex Pierschalla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2007 12:41:44 -0700

Celestial Seasonings has quite a few teas marked "Gluten Free" on the back of the box -- see top right corner. I've been drinking Antioxidant Green Tea with no problems.  I called the company this week and was told that all GF teas are produced on cleaned lines, separately from gluten containing teas (both are produced on same lines but at different times), and that the GF teas are routinely tested for gluten at 20 ppm.

  Another brand to try is Numi. I've had Dry Desert Lime Herbal Teasan with no problems -- it's great, especially with honey for a tart/sweet flavor.  Here's what I found on their website, under the FAQ's "Health" section: "6. Does your tea have glutens?  There is no wheat gluten in contact - or anywhere near - our tea. It is not run on the same machines, nor stored near our raw materials. Our tea is free from that particular allergen".  See http://www.worldpantry.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/numitea/store.d2w/report for more info.

  Hooray for chilly weather and yummy GF tea!
  Alex