Date:
Mon, 7 May 2001 15:51:50 +1000

Thanks for all the replies regarding icecream and what milk to use -
lots of ideas.

One reply inparticular said it seemed like a wheat intolerance.  I went
back over the ingrediants and checked out the vegetable gum.

One of these stood out not because of the wheat but because it was
Carrageenan -Irish Moss.

In my book on "Additive Code Breaker" it says:

"Effects   Some confusion has arisen because degraded carrageenan (the
kind which is not permitted in food use) has induced ulcerative colitus
in a wide range of laboratory animals, and tumors of the colon and the
rectum."

The icecream I bought was a good, well known brand.

I have also looked this up on the internet - it is informative reading.
http://sites.netscape.net/zcsmsrd/ibd Tells about how Carrageenan
effects some people.

I seemed to have ulcers or blisters as I was passing watery fluid.

I won't be having Carrageenan again - and wont test myself - too
painful.

I might try making some fresh icecream :) - a good test!

Hope this helps others.

Sandra