From:
Bob & Sue Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 21:49:28 -0500

A fiftyish male friend of mine just told me he has severe osteoporosis.
I immediately thought of celiac disease.  Perhaps coincidentally, the
only fellow celiac I have met outside of celiac circles is an older male
who told me he was diagnosed because he was found to have osteoporosis
so they looked to see if they could find out why.

This friend doesn't identify himself as someone who has GI symptoms (I
didn't go into great detail; he's not a close friend).

Anyone else aware of someone diagnosed with osteoporosis being the major
symptom?

Sue