Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 1996 08:41:16 -0500

Just a quick note to all those who responded to my urgent request for
ingredient information concerning buckwheat and GDL.

This list is so great!  I got about twenty responses that indeed helped me
provide accurate information to our support group on Sunday. Thanks
I told you all I would follow up with the results.

The company providing the good sample foods to our meeting was Kinnikinnick
Foods from Canada. (You've seen Ted Wolff's posts on the list)
The foods were very good and enjoyed by our members.  We sampled doughnuts
(they were so good I didn't even get a bite before they were gone),six
different kinds of bread (I particularly liked the cheese-tapioca bread), and
rice crispies that looked like the rice crispies of old days.

The ingredients....buckwheat is GF if not cross contaminated by other
products in the manufacturing process (at the food plant not at
Kinnikinnick)....  Glucona Delta Lactone....GF (the glucona relates to
glucose not gluten)......  Spices....Ted says they are all pure spices....not
blends and are GF.  I believe it is important for each of us to make up our
own minds about the foods and food ingredients we eat.  My purpose in posting
is only to make you aware of an additional source of gf foods.

I have no financial or other interest in Kinnikinnick Foods, etc....
Thanks for all the responses.  I waited to post this reply because the LIST
was so busy during the shutdown, etc and wanted to give everyone time to
catch up...particularly Mike Jones and the list owners.
Taylor Cushmore