From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 1996 09:08:32 -0400

For those of you with newsgroup access there is an interesting thread in the
sci.med newsgroup. The thread has turned into a battle between Ron Hoggan of
this list and a doctor that teaches at the University of Illinois College of
Medicine at Peoria. The posts are becoming longer and the thread is still
ongoing. The doctor is arguing that despite the studies in Europe, celiac
sprue is too rare in the US to suspect it as the cause. Any comments that it
is more common here in the US he says are just opinions, and he digs up
several old studies to prove how rare it is here. Here is one memorable
comment from the doctor:

Newsgroup: sci.med