From:
Ann Sokolowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2001 11:59:52 -0400

Have had some interesting "conversations" about cake mxies, desserts,
etc.

You aren't limited to just cakes using a gf cake mix.  You can make good
cookies, too!

The basic recilpe is
one box gf cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil, or melted, cooled butte
one or two cups of whatever extra goodies you want

Mix and drop from scant teaspoonsful onto ungreased cookie sheets and
bake at 350 for 12 to 15 min.  Cool 2 min on cookie sheets before
removing to racks for final coolilng.  East box makes about 4 dozen
cookies

Now comes the fun part.....

1. to a yellow cake mix, add 1 small pkg shredded  coconut and the zest
and juice of one lemon.  These are outrageous!

2. to a choco cake mix,[or yellow] add 1 cup choco chips and 1 cup nuts
for wonderful choco chip cookies

3. to a yellow cake mix, add 1 teas cinnamon, 1/2 teas teach nutmeg and
cloves, 2T cocoa, 1 cup nuts, 1 cup cranraisins or other dried fruit
and you can also add 1 cup grated carrots for a different taste.

I bake cookies both gf and g for our church's coffee hour on a weekely
basis.  I use cake mixes most of the time.  It 's just so much
easier.    I HAVE LEARNED TO LOOK AT RECIPES AND ADD THOSE EXTRA
INGREDIENTS TO A CAKE MIX.  For example, I saw a recipe for a lemon
thyme cookie.  Looked at how many cookies IT made, and added thyme to
the lemon coconut recipe, omitting the coconut.

Everyone is impressed and no one suuspects they are from a cake mix.
If you look recipes this way and use your imagination, you will never
be at a loss for recipes.