From:
Brian Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 15:53:25 -0500

Today my son's MD informed me that she ran an enzyme test Mon. The
enzyme she referred to was called something like alkaline-phosphate
(though I am sure phosphate is not exactly the way she pronounced it,
but something close to that).  My son's level  of alka-phos was three
times the amount that it should normally be.  She said this may indicate
a problem with either the liver, bones, or intestines.  I asked her if
it could somehow be related to CD;  she said that it is possible.
Meanwhile, we are awaiting his CD blood test.  I was unhappy to hear
that she did not send it to one of the labs that was recommended by many
of you.  (I had given her the list well in advance of the test.)

Does anyone have any knowledge at all of this enzyme that I mentioned
and what such an elevated level might mean?  Also, I just read a post
about a CD boy who had had a hernia.  Are hernias unrelated problems or
could that be some sort of link to CD?  My son had one repaired 8 mos.
ago in his lower abdomen.

Thanks again!!!

Melinda