From:
Fcrawf57251 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Fcrawf57251 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 11:27:56 -0700

For those of you who have Chili's restaurants nearby, or have considered whether or not to eat at one, I e mailed them to ask about their menu items, and if there were any gluten free items.  Here is their reply, so guess we can not give them our patronage...at least I won't be.
Jan in Denver, CO

January 15, 2003

Dear Jan,

Thank you for requesting nutritional information on our menu items.  We
sympathize
with your situation and would like to assist you in determining which menu
items would
meet your dietetic requirements.  Unfortunately, we are unable to provide
this
information.

Our restaurants stock many items that contain ingredients excluded from your
diet.  Most
processed foods contain derivatives of wheat.  Therefore, out of an
abundance of caution
and concern for your health, we cannot recommend menu items that are gluten
free due to
the potential of cross contamination or adulteration.

We appreciate your inquiry and wish you the best of luck.

Kristie Michie
Guest Relations

Ref # 136357