From:
Debbie Wheaton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Debbie Wheaton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Nov 2010 20:58:05 -0500

Dear Fellow List Mates,
We know that the average delay in diagnosis of Celiac is approximately 10 years. And many of us spend those years being misdiagnosed with multiple ailments such as IBS, fibromyalgia, and depression. After diagnosis many of us connect the dots backwards and realize that we’ve had symptoms most of our lives. I know that was true for me, my mother, grandmother and my daughter too. Diagnosis came too late for my grandma and my mom (who died young from a secondary disease related to Celiac). But since our diagnosis, my daughter and I have been on a mission to raise awareness in our community. How different all of our lives would have been if we had been diagnosed correctly at an early age. That is why I am thrilled to see CDF’s (www.celiac.org) new kid brochure. I don't know how to attach it here, however, if you email me ([log in to unmask]) I can email it back to you and include the attachment for the brochure.

They’ve done a wonderful job of making it easy to read and very user friendly. Tenny Custer with CDF suggests that we spread the word by getting some brochures for our Dr’s and other health professionals, as well as school principals and school nurses too. It's also a fantastic resource for friends and family too.
Thank you CDF, and thanks to Tenny for spreading the word.
Happy Thanksgiving.
Deb Wheaton (ironic, I know. But no one with Celiac forgets my name)