From:
Stacey Groppe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 22:59:27 EST

I have a weird and embarrassing question to ask all of you.  I have been GF
or trying to be GF for almost 4 months.  I have had stomach problems for ten
years.  I am 29 years old and was recently diagnosed with osteoporosis, which
is what finally made one of my doctor's test for Celiac Disease.  Over the
past ten years, I have been diagnosed with IBS, Lactose Intolerant,
Microscopic Colitis, and most recently acid reflux.  For ten years, I have
been going to the bathroom constantly 7-10 times a day.  Not so much
diarrhea, but loose, soft stool.  Sometimes it would be more normal.  Anyway,
in the last three months, I have had this new problem.  It will burn very
badly when I go to the bathroom.  Of course, it could be hemorrhoids or
lesions, etc.  But I have never had this problem before.  The doctor told me
to take Imodium 4-6 times a day, so I would stop going to the bathroom for it
to heal.  And it did.  Then last week, the burning started again.  I was
taking Imodium everyday and still going to the bathroom 6-7 times a day.  It
was unbearable.  Then I realized a week ago, I bought this mustard that was
made from grain vinegar and had been using it all week.  Obviously, I threw
the mustard away and have not been using it.  My problem has disappeared
again.  I'm hoping this may be a sign of gluten ingestion.  Could it be?
Does anybody have any thoughts?  To be honest, I haven't seen much of a
change since I started the GF diet.  Very frustrating!

    Also, could anybody recommend a good doctor to go see for Celiac Disease?
 I live near Pittsburgh, PA and I would travel if needed.  My doctor is a
very nice, but I'm worried that he does not have the experience with Celiac.
He said that he would not retest me again in a year, to see if I was healing
and that has me bothered.  I need to know that the diet is working and that I
am getting better.

    I appreciate any advice!

      Thanks,

       Stacey